By Ila Ananya
Recently, journalist Mitali Saran tweeted that the SBI account-opening form asks you for your religion. Now we know that everyone in this country is always asking you for your religion, what to do? But then Saran’s tweet also said you’re asked to ‘Please tick if applicable’. This seedha sadha request is followed by, ‘Politically Exposed Person’, or ‘Related to politically Exposed Person.’
The SBI acc-opening form asks your religion, & whether you’re a ‘politically exposed person’ or ‘related to a politically exposed person’. pic.twitter.com/HrrBSVmZTs
— Mitali Saran (@mitalisaran) May 15, 2017
Now some people came and responded, asking rudely if it was the first time she was opening a bank account and that these questions have always been present. But some of us don’t remember seeing this apparently innocuous question (we wonder what banks think is the right answer to that ‘politically exposed’ question) on our forms, and still find ourselves fully shocked by it.
And since banks seem to think these are Questions of Great Importance, we wanted to offer them some more Questions of Great Importance that they should include in their forms.
About your family
1. Does your mother like the colour red?
2. Do you have a family member who is a follower of Sri Sri Ravishankar?
3. Have you been in more than three relationships?
4. Do you love your father?
5. Do you or your family own a cow?
Aim in life
6. Did you want to become the Prime Minister of India when you were young?
7. Does your family wish you were a doctor or an engineer? If you are a doctor or an engineer, please tick yes.
8. Do you like your job?
9. Are/were you a bad student?
10. Are you happy?
On a scale of 1-10
11. Do you like Chetan Bhagat?
12. Can you identify Raag Bhairavi if you hear it?
13. Are you scared of spiders?
14. Do you like paneer?
15. Will you drink Coke even if it’s flat?
Would you rather
16. Live on the beach or on a mountain?
17. Own a violet or a purple swimsuit?
18. Listen to Yo Yo Honey Singh or Himesh Reshammiya?
19. Instagram a selfie or a food photo?
20. Touch a snake or a lizard?