Internship location: Preference will be given to those who can work from the TLF office in Bangalore but in some cases, we’ll take interns who will work online from outside Bangalore.
Duration: Minimum 4 weeks, maximum 8 weeks.
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 6:30pm (occasionally assignments might extend outside these hours).
This is an unpaid internship. Please look at the profiles below and apply for the internship you are interested in:
—Report and write stories on current events, sports, science, health, arts, culture
—Track current news events and identify potential stories for the website
—Edit pieces for spelling, grammar and structure
Art & Design
—Create art and illustrations
—Work with editorial on designing and packaging content for publishing
—Work on a weekly newsletter
—Shoot photos to accompany stories
—Work on photo essays
—Work with editorial team to manage social media channels
—Should have experience in social media management OR have significant social media presence and skills.
Please send all applications to fingerzine <AT> gmail <DOT> com with the profile(s) you are applying for in the subject line. For example, “Design + Editorial” as the subject line if you’re interested in those two. Be sure to include:
1. Your CV in PDF form (please make sure to include relevant work experience/coursework).
2. A 200 word covering letter telling us why you are applying to The Ladies Finger and detailing your suitability for the profiles you’ve chosen.
3. Sample of work: non-fiction writing (preferably non-academic if available; no fiction or poetry), photography, etc. depending on your area of interest.
4. The Indian languages you speak, read and write.
5. Your contact details, including where you would prefer to be based during the internship.
See you soon 🙂